Hudson-Sharp presents the newest innovative form of flexible packaging — Rapid Close® self-seal bags. Using this patented self-seal bag design and manufacturing technology, Hudson-Sharp can continue to provide cost effective adhesive closures that can be used for a variety of flexible packaging applications. Rapid Close® enables the end-user to close a bag super fast, on the spot, and without the need for sealing equipment.
The Rapid Close® self-seal packaging system is made up of an advanced turn-key attachment designed to fit with existing unwind stands and bag machines. With a permanent or recloseable sealing option, Rapid Close® is designed to meet your specific applications.
Rapid Close® self-seal technology was patented, tested, and moved to a commercial stage via Discovery Packaging Inc., of Toronto, Canada. Hudson-Sharp recently entered into a master licensing agreement covering the manufacturing, marketing, and support for the required high-speed equipment.
- Ability to close a bag on the spot without the need for dedicated equipment
- Cost effective closure option comapred to other flexible packaging products
- Bags can be made with film gauges as low as 80g (.0008" or 20 microns) allowing substantial material savings depending on the application
- Choose from either a permanent or reclosable seal, as seal strength can be varied depending on requirements and application specifications
- Available grouped using wicket, heat pin, or card pack forms to speed up filling/closure process
- A full or partial seal can be made across the bag opening